Who We Are?
Utthan Institute of Development and Studies is a humanitarian and development endeavor of conscientious social work educators and practitioners which was initiated in 1992. Utthan commits itself to the promotion of well being of suffering humanity.
A voluntary organization committed to the promotion of well being of suffering humanity, with the mission to work towards the upliftment of the society to a dignified status where equality of status and opportunities, and Justice-social, economic and political prevails, where no one dies of starvation, no one lives is squalor, no one is exploited of ignorance and illiteracy and no one is unattended at diseases.
The faith in the capacity of the people to change and to develop, and the beliefs that the human beings are the products of the atmosphere, they have been born and brought up leads us to develop an enabling and system change approach to the empowerment of the people to ensure better living conditions for the people. The Institute believes in the high quality intervention and humanitarian scientific help in a participatory manner. Our belief pays that the organization and people grow together through participation.
Utthan Institute of Development and Studies has over 3000sq mtrs of constructed space inhabiting its different projects, and over 5000sq mtrs of public land to organize open air activities. Besides, Utthan has activities in 127 villages and its different projects scattered at 5 Centers in Yamunanagar Town.
- Punjab and Haryana High Court Recognized its Family Counseling Centre- MADHUR MILAN and instructed District Judiciary to refer cases of Family Disputes to UTTHAN
- Awarded by rotary International for the exemplary services to the Disabled person,1996.
- Awarded by the International Association of Lion’s Club for the exemplary work to the promotion of well being of suffering humanity (Dist.-321-A2).
- Nodal Center for welfare of aged and Street Children in Haryana, appointed by Govt. of India, M.S.O.J.E.
- Member Disability Coordination Committee, Haryana
- Member, Haryana State Social Welfare Advisory Board appointed by Central Social Welfare Board (1996-2000)
- Member, State Committee for the removal of manual scavenging in Haryana.
- Member, State Committee for the Prevention of Sexual abuse at the workplace, in Haryana.